STARMEDIA SINGAPORE’s policy is to conduct all our business in a legal, ethical and responsible manner.
We recognise the necessity of environmental stewardship to the long-term sustainable growth of Starmedia, through the protection of our employees, the people working within our supply chains, and the localities in which we operate.
We must ensure that any business decisions consider the effect on the environment, and that any impacts are appropriately addressed and sufficiently mitigated.
We are committed to doing more with less by creating high-performing, efficient machines and technologies that use fewer resources.
WE ARE CONSTANTLY LOOKING TO IMPROVE OUR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT.
Our current environmental commitments include the following:
1. Design products, packaging and behaviours using a mechanistic-based approach, to reduce adverse environmental impacts in production, use and end of life.
2. Reduce primary material demand through the reduction, recovery and reuse of resources.
3. Improve resource efficiency, targeting waste and addressing pollution.
4. Ensure that employees have a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate to their environmental responsibilities and are aware of actions they can take to reduce their impact.
5. Support Contract Manufacturers, suppliers and subcontractors to adopt the same environmental commitments.